..

Let's face it we love our bullets more than most of our relatives. In fact everyday when I kneel in front of it (to check the oil, tyre pressure, chain or brake slack people confuse the ritual with praying. And praying it is, for another day of joyous ride.
So everytime I had to take my bull for maintenance it made my heart ache tranferring my love to someone else's care.
With time I have developed the art of maintaining my Bullet. With time I have also developed a circle of mechanics who I can rely on. Why a circle? you might ask. Is one good mechanic not enough. Plain answer is no. Like in the case of every doctor, lawyer or banker you need a second opinion.
So I am listing down my tried and tested mechanics around NCR. In case you have any more to add do inform and I'll add them in my poll list. if they recieve enough positive polls I'll review them too.
A word of advise, always treat your bullet mechanic with the respect they deserve, be friendly with them and they'll really take care of your ride. Otherwise you are just another job to be gotten over with.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Motorrad Werkstatt review

Motorrad Werkstatt

I know this team since the time I purchased my Bullet from them (Manzil Motors). They have the friendliest of head of operations in Satyendraji. As soon as you meet him, your mind is at ease that he'll take care of everything. A daredevil of sorts, when he's not in hospital recovering from his injuries, he's in the workshop repairing injured Enfields.
His second in command is an amiable guy named Jitender. Very able, very calm and very very knowledgeable. If I entrust my Bullet with anyone else in Motorrad it is him. Equally good in electricals he was able to fix an unheard of Boyer Bransen Power box along with my Deltran Battery in my motorcycle in flat 1 hour.

Location of Motorrad Werkstatt



Based in Gurgaon it is a short way from heritage school on CRPF road in Sector 62. However reaching there can be a bit tricky even for people of Gurgaon.
For accessibility I give 5/10
Motorrad Weerkstatt 1
Motorrad Weerkstatt 1
Motorrad Weerkstatt 2
Motorrad Weerkstatt 2
Motorrad Weerkstatt 3
Motorrad Weerkstatt 3
Motorrad Weerkstatt 4
Motorrad Weerkstatt 4

Locality  of Motorrad Werkstatt

The locality as you may have guessed it is as dreary as the location. On good days the credit card machine can keep you waiting for want of signal. On bad days well you will feel like killing yourself for not bringing enough cash. The nearest ATM is around a couple of Kms away in Hong Kong Market and so are most of other facilities. For locality I give it 5/10

Overall knowledge  of Motorrad Werkstatt

The mechanics are able to read and comprehend complex wiring diagrams in English. Getting automotive electrician along with mechanics at one place is really a boon. They are even able to fabricate minor items. To fix my Boyer Bransen Power box Jitender was able to fabricate a sort of clip from motorcycle chain link.  
For knowledge I give it 9/10

Care and ownership at Motorrad Werkstatt

One of the two places where my mind is completely at ease. Here I am not afraid that my Bullet will be worked on by chisel and a hammer. Neither do I have to constantly check for the wiring screwups that plague most mechanics. 
For care and ownership I give it 8/10

Sophistication at Motorrad Werkstatt

Like every other mechanic there is room for improvement in the level of sophistication here. Crimps and crimping tools are inconspicuous. Like everywhere else insulation tapes are used instead of shrink tubing. However Motorrad's saving grace is that they still are neat about their work. After any type of repair the mechanic will dust and clean your motorcycle. 
For sophistication I give it 6/10

Overall ease at Motorrad Werkstatt

Motoradd has got its own inventory that always seems to have all the spares you need. Having all kinds of talent in one place means that you do not waste time going from shop to shop for each requirement. They are open on weekends so you can easily take your vehicle for repair on your off days. You also have the option of calling Satyendraji on phone and fixing time so that you don't waste your time during peak hours. The place is less known at present so you can get your work done easily. Additionally they have lots of space available in front of their place to park your vehicle, which many would agree is a boon considering the injuries we incur moving our burly bulls in and out of cramped places. 
For overall ease I give it 9/10

Genuine parts at Motorrad Werkstatt

Motoradd always has Genuine OEM parts in its inventory. I have never has any issues yet for the quality of products bought from here.
For genuine parts I give it 9/10

Variety/Innovative parts at Motorrad Werkstatt

Motorrad can work on getting some innovative products in their inventory. In case they can even start some custom modification service it will be an icing on the almost perfect enfield station.
For variety I give it 6/10

Rates at Motorrad Werkstatt

Depending on the kind of expertise they have their charges are quite appropriate. Though some may find their prices a bit on the higher side, these expenses are negated by the fact that your motorcycles are not worked on by monkeys with hammers. Which can sum up to be quite costly in the long haul. For rates I give it 8/10

Timing at Motorrad Werkstatt

Thankfully Motoradd is open on both Saturday and Sunday. So you can get your problems sorted during the weekend. It's weekly off is on tuesday. Which might cause discomfort to people who come over here thinking Motoradd will be working on a week day. For timing I give it 8/10

Final Rating: 73/100

No comments:

Post a Comment